Saturday, November 3, 2007

Annnouncing the arrival of...

Madison Grace Jensen
November 2nd, 2007
6 pounds 15 ounces

19 inches long









All I can say is WOW! This is the most incredible thing we have ever experienced in our lives. I can't believe we have a daughter. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There really aren't words to describe how I feel. So this is how it all happened: I ended up having to get a c-section because her heart rate kept dropping and I was dialating at the speed of a turtle. Well, it all started when I tripped over the lawn mower on Thursday morning and fell back on my butt (I really didn't very hard at all) but it was enough to break my water. So Jay and I went to Overlake hospital at about 5pm. So early Friday morning...around 4am my doctor came in to check on the baby's heart rate and said that if things didn't start to speed up within the next couple of hours he would suggest a c-section. Well, it didn't speed up and I was only dialated to a 6 after 21 hours of labor. And he was afraid that if we waited too much longer it would cause stress to the baby and possibly result in an emergency c-section. So I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and decided to just do the c-section rather than risk it. We're all still in the hospital and are hopefully leaving tomorrow to go home. If not tomorrow then for sure on Monday. My doctor will be in tomorrow and he makes the call on when we can go. Hopefully it will be tomorrow. Well, I've left everyone pictures. I love this little girl so so much!!!

9 comments:

Steve and Alie said...

Oh Michelle! I could just cry... She's absolutely preciously adorable and beautiful. I can't wait to hold her!!! It's so strange being so far away. I wish I could just jump in the car and come see you and meet little Madsion. I love you, Michelle. I am so proud of you! You are amazing! And "Go Jay!" :)

Steve and Alie said...

I can't just leave one comment... It's not enough... I can't get over the fact that she is here!!! I am so excited for you and Jay! You are going to be wonderful parents and I am honored that I get to be a part of little Madison's life and watch her grow up. I love her already...

Tammie said...

She is beautiful!! I love all of her dark hair!! Congratulations!!!

Karen said...

Dearest Michelle and Jay (Daddy!),

What a precious little blessing God has given you. Oh, she is so sweet. I agree with Allison - I teared up just looking at the pictures.

Bless you, sweetie...You will both be awesome parents.

Love,
Karen

Emma~Mae and Cameron said...

Wow Michelle & Jay! God is so amazing!!! I allready love Madison so very much. She is so beautiful, what a doll! I love her long lashes and dark hair! I can't explaine how weird it is that we are all having these beautiful babies...it's really happening. Great job you two! Great job to you Michelle! You did AWESOME!

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

Michelley, she is the most beautiful little girl! I cannot wait to come and meet her!! You two are going to be great parents and Madison is very blessed to have a mom and dad that care so much for her! I love you very much and I am so excited for you two! I hope you get enough rest... and I cannot wait to see her. Let me know if you need absolutely anything! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Jay & Michelle --
Glad to have clicked on your blog link at the Engstrom's website. I'd wondered if you'd had your baby yet. Congratulations! She's absolutely gorgeous, there is no doubt. Enjoy these early days *while* trying to get some sleep!! ;)

Darla Sautter, from Ellensburg
P.S. I had a c-section for our first, also, but went on to have many more natural births after that (if that matters to you!). BTW, we are expecting #7 in the Spring!

Natalie said...

she is incredibly beautiful! i can't wait to see her! how fun! congrats to you both and i am thankful that everything turned out okay!

Nancy Longmire said...

Hi

That is the cutest baby...this is grandma Nancy...your mom shared this blog with me...cute

Here we are!

Here we are!

Madison

Madison
Isn't she so cute!?!

The dogs